We take the privacy of your personal data very seriously. Please read this document carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide when using the LoveThis service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our service, using our services (making recommendations for example), or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our service.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence to help us respond to your message.
- Details of your visits to our service including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access. This helps us provide and improve our service.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our service and of the fulfilment of your orders. Again, this is to help us fulfil our service and for our own financial accounting.
- IP addresses and cookies: We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is to help us provide and improve our service and to allow us to report aggregate (anonymous) information to our partners.
- recognise you when you return to our service.
- speed up your searches.
- measure audience size and usage pattern.
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our service according to your individual interests.
How we use your information:
- To ensure that content from our service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail or mobile application notifications with information about goods and services similar to those you have previously shown an interest in.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our partners, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on a recommendation for the iPhone 4S on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help partners improve their products, services and/or marketing (for example, targeting women aged between 25 and 45 in future).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your passwords with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LoveThis NLTE Limited, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or by unsubscribing from certain emails sent as part of the service, for example. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the services of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these services, please note that these services have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these services.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.